Thursday, November 6, 2008

A Funny Thing Happened On The Way to the Opera...and a Quick Look Ahead to Tonight's Caps Game

I know this isn't new news but basically going to Caps games is now a cool thing to do in the DC Metro. We've just added a person to our office here from one of our groups out in Indiana and the first big thing she's doing here in DC is going to the Caps - Rangers game with her roommate. Her roommate is a sorority sister of hers from college and Saturday will be the first time either has been to a hockey game. I think it's great that the crowds at the Verizon Center have swelled. They are even better than the crowds at the end of last season. It's also cool that so many new hockey fans get to see such talented young players as take the ice for the Caps every night.

Looking ahead to tonight's game against the Carolina Hurricanes, I'm psyched. Of course I'm always psyched but even more so tonight. It'll be just my second game of the year. I went to the home opener and then my STH partner has had the last three home games. It looks like I'll be solo tonight as my wing-man bailed on me late to go to Knoxville and see some friends at University of Tennessee. Oh well, more "legroom" for me in Section 103. As for the game it looks like we might have some interesting line combinations as Coach Boudreau continues to look for some zip in the Caps offense. During the pregame skate at KCI this morning the line combos looked like: 1) Ovechkin-Federov-Semin; 2)Laich-Backstrom-Kozlov; 3)Fleischmann-Nylander-Clark; 4) Brashear-Gordon-Bradley. Time to head over to the Verizon Center and go "Rock the Red".

LETS GO CAPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No comments: