Thursday, August 6, 2009

OV - So Cool and Brutally Honest It's Scary....

By no most if not all the folks who read my blog have to have watched the just under 10 minute interview OV recently did with RT (Russia Today). The guy is just so candid it's totally refreshing. I' sure most folks like the answer about how sex both before and after a game helps him play hockey better. My reaction was come on the kid's just under 24 years old and in top physical condition that one is kind of a no brainer isn't it? The only surprise is the candor with which he choose to answer. The most sincere and thoughtful answer was no doubt the one about how besides victory the think most likely to make him cry - "probably the birth of my future child".

I also thought his insistence at emphasizing he hasn't won EVERY possible award in Hockey yet is telling as to what he's thinking about for goals this season. But my all time favorite answer - the one I thought the funniest? Keep in mind, I have a son, our only child, who is a great kid and one I don't think I have to worry about this coming true anymore than Ovie's parents have to worry about it, though my kid is a long way off from making $9M/year... SS/RT: "If you weren't playing hockey, what would you probably be doing?" AO: "Uhh, I don't know...probably scrounging off my parents like a lot of people my age..." BEST Interview Answer From An Early 20's Sports Start EVER!!!!

Can't Wait Till Camp Opens...LETS GO CAPS!!!!

No comments: