Thursday, March 12, 2009

What's Going On With This Blog? Where You Been Dude?

Mark's been missing in action lately...but finally Captain Insane-o caught up with him. Once that occurred he was cornered and Insane-o got some answers.

Captain Insane-o (CI): "Dude where have you been first we get sporadic updates and 'den nuthin' for a week, what gives?"

Mark (M) - shaking in fear at the sight of the menacing former professional wrestler: "Well Cap, I'm sorry, first it was so hectic at work and then me and the family spent five days at Myrtle Beach on vacation. The wireless access wasn't that good and all I could get on the TV was an occasional Carolina Hurricanes' highlight. But you know, Dolly Parton's Dixie Stampede was pretty good - 40 bucks for mediocre chicken and no utensils but if you think Dolly looks good in person, you should see here on a 30 foot screen. Weee-ooooohhhh."

CI: "Well you know what you missed dude? Tonight while you were driving in your stinkin' car for 8 hours, you missed the second of the Caps first back to back wins since February ended."

M: "Get outta town, really?"

CI: "Yes, really, schmuck. And because you went MIA, I had to go find more blogs, other blogs, blogs by more dedicated hockey bloggers. Hockey bloggers who know what it takes to reward people who follow their blogs regularly - dependable updates, or in the absence of that - CASH!"

M: "Well, Captain, you may kick my butt, but now i've got neither of those things. However, I should be able to provide more regular updates now that I'm back from my South Carolina vacation. Unless of course, that pesky "day job" gets in the way again. Until then this quick update will have to do."

Caps 2 - Flyers 1 - YES!!!! Sweet....

Tonight in Philadelphia was a two point night. The second one in a row for the Capitals. In fact in their last three outings, the Capitals have come away with points. and have managed to claw back to 0.416 for March after an uncharacteristic 0-3-1 start during and extended homestand. Interestingly the Caps are now 12-3-2 in their last 17 road games after a relatively slow start in that department this season, overall this season the Capitals are now 17-12-4 on the road this season. At home for the season they are 25-9-2. The Caps now have 90 points and are just 1 point behind the New Jersey Devils, although the Devils have two games in hand and continue to be one of the hottest teams in the Eastern Conference.

Unfortunately for me I missed the last two games. Unfortunate, because during those tow contests, goaltender Jose Theodore has had two very solid outings. On Tuesday in Nashville, Theo had a 27 save, 0.964 SV % evening; tonight according to the scoresheet he had a 35 save, 0.972 SV% night and earned the Second Star of the Game. I'm so glad that Theo and the Caps are back on track. I was getting nervous and wondering if my faith and optimism was misplaced. I once again am feeling confident and very happy that I renewed our season tickets early. Tomorrow is the renewal deadline, maybe I'll be able to move my seats a little and edge over from the folding seats we're currently in back towards some stadium seats again.... Just maybe... when I renewed there was only one love unsold seat in Section 103... What a great change from just three years ago.

With just 13 games remaining, 10 against Southeast Division foes, the Capitals are 12 points ahead of the second place Carolina Hurricanes and 13 points in front of the third place Florida Panthers. The Caps have two more games against both the Hurricanes and the Panthers. In fact next up for the Caps is a home game on Saturday against the Hurricanes, then Monday is the start of a 5 game road trip where they open against Atlanta on Monday Night at Phillips Arena and then play the Panthers in Sunrise, Florida Tuesday night in their last "back to back" game of the season. As I just came back from vacation thinking about catching one of those away games isn't even an option since Tom has our seats on Saturday my next live hockey game will be at Verizon on the 27th when the Caps take on the Tampa Bay Lightning. However, just for grins I went and looked and good seats are available in Sunrise for the Caps-Panthers game on Ticketmaster...ohh that is just so wishful thinking on my part.

Next up Carolina, Saturday at Verizon Center -

LETS GO CAPS!!!!!

No comments: