Monday, May 31, 2010

So I'm Sitting Here Musing On Tonight's Game 2...

So I'm sitting here musing about Game 2 of the Stanley Cup Finals in Chicago tonight - I really need to be working, yes it's a holiday but we had some things come up at work and I've got a deadline in two weeks and a lot of things to do before then. After all I want to get those tasks done so I can attend the annual PM-FPS Golf Tournament at Fort Belvoir and get my butt summarily kicked by that course once again on June 11th...

In any case I'm once again musing about hockey - it is a holiday weekend after all - and I'm thinking that tonight one of two things will happen. Either the Flyers come out, score first, play a very tight game and come away with a hard fought 2-1 or 3-2 win. Tying the series at one game a piece as they head to Philly for game 3 of what will likely be a 7 game series anybody can win.

Or ...

Chicago comes out flying, and this time solves both Flyers goaltenders Leighton and Boucher - they really didn't solve Boucher last game - and come away with at least a three goal victory (at least 2 + an empty netter). If that happens the teams head to Philly with Chicago in control of the series 2-0 for game 3 of what will likely be a 5 game series that Chicago wins.

Of the two choices I have no idea which will occur. As I've been saying I will make no concrete predictions about this series. It's the Stanley Cup finals - anything can happen. After all "History Will Be Made" and at this point you really have to play all the required games on the ice. I do think though that Philly's lesson learned from game one is that even though Niemi is beatable, they want to play Chicago tighter than they played them in game one.


What do you think?

No comments: