I took "the plunge" and bought NHL Gamecenter - online access to webcasts of all NHL games. I opted for this instead of the NHL option my cable provider offers so I can watch games on my laptop when I travel for business. So far I really like a lot of the features including chatting with other viewers about the games while we watch them and the access to stats while you watch a game. Its not cheap but it does provide a lot of access to hockey games and stats during the games. I also like the shot chart and the live play by play.
Tonight in sports of course the big story is that in Major League Baseball, the Philadelphia Phillies beat the Los Angeles Dodgers and won the National League Pennant and are on their way back to the World Series for the 6th time. The Phils downed the Left Coast Dodgers 5-1 tonight and took the series 4 games - 1 in Los Angeles. Just for the record from a color perspective the Phillies love to "Rock the Red" as much as the Washington Capitals.
In NHL action around the league tonight, the Capitals were idle, they take on the Penguins in Pittsburgh tomorrow. There were five games tonight, all were "in conference games." The match-ups and results were:
1) Buffalo 3, New York Rangers 1 - the Rangers are now 5-1-0, though they are still first in the Atlantic Division and lead the second place penguins by 5 points. Buffalo looked good and remained perfect with a 3-0-0 record, but are second in the Northeast Division.
2) Montreal 4, Boston 3 - in a game that was decided by shootout - The Habs are 3-0-1 and remained atop the Northeast Division, while the Bruins are now 1-1-1 and tied for third in the same Northeast Division.
3) Chicago 4, Phoenix 1 in a game where veteran net \minder Nickolai Khabibuhlen started his second game of the year and got his first win of his season. Chicago is now 1-2-1 and fourth in the Central Division, while Phoenix drops to 2-1-0 but remained second in the Pacific Division.
4) Dallas 6, Nashville 4. Dallas moves to 1-1-1 and sit in third in the Pacific Division. Nashville falls to 2-2-0 but remained tied for the lead in the Central Division with Minnesota and Vancouver, both of whom were idle tonight.
5) Edmonton 3, Anaheim 2 in a back and forth game. Edmonton moves to 2-0-0 and a tie for first in the Northwest Division while Anaheim drops to 0-4-0 staying "perfect" and in fifth place in the Pacific Division.
The Caps face off against the Penguins tomorrow night at 7:30. This will be an exciting game and I plan to make sure I don't miss a minute of it. No predictions other than Caps will win...(homerism in practice).
LETS GO CAPS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!